Friday 25 March 2016

THE BEST DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION

Good foundation is a staple to any makeup collection. Foundation is something that us beauty lovers use pretty much everyday. Quality, coverage and staying power are all really important, but so is affordability. I typically use my more expensive foundations for nights out or special events. On a more day-to-day basis I usually go for my less expensive foundations. Some drugstore foundations can be, well, horrible. But there are also a lot of good quality and affordable foundation options available. After careful consideration and years of experience, I think I have narrowed down my 'top 5' drugstore foundations.

Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation

Coverage wise this foundation is not the greatest, but it does do a good job of evening out your skin. This foundation is slightly dewy and it wears really well throughout the day. It is also light weight and applies really nicely. I am not the biggest fan of the packaging, without a pump it can get a touch messy. But overall, this is a really nice lightweight foundation.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

This foundation has been around for a long time and I always find myself going back to it. This product provides great coverage without being cake-y.  It is also oil-free, so it is an ideal foundation for anyone with oily skin. I find this product to be a great buildable foundation, it's great for a bit of coverage or a lot. This is an affordable product with really nice coverage.

Covergirl Tru Blend

This is a great product if you are looking for nice sheer coverage. I prefer a more luminous finish and this product is great for that. This product is not super-long lasting but it certainly does the trick for an afternoon out. If you're looking for an affordable product with a touch of coverage, this foundation is perfect.

Flower Beauty About The Face Foundation

This is a great foundation to reach for if you're looking for a product with yellow undertones. This Flower foundation has a nice sheer finish, though it is buildable. Again, it is not super long-lasting but it is great if you just need a little something. I really like the dewy finish of this product, it leaves my skin looking even and refreshed. This is another really affordable product, available at Walmart.