Thursday 10 March 2016

MY ORGANIZATION...


I have really wanted to start dedicated more time to my blogging. It is something that I had spent a lot of time doing in the past, but as life got busier it kind of fell by the wayside. Now, being done school and working full-time, I still struggle to find time to blog. So being properly organized is something that has more valuable to me then ever before. Typically what my day looks like is... I get home from work, I eat dinner, dedicate two hours to blogging and then I hit the gym. So only having a couple of hours to blog and update social media can be stressful. For those avid bloggers out there, you know what I am talking about. But with my struggle to stay organized and make the best of the time I do have, I have discovered a few handy tips/tricks. I now feel more organized then ever when it comes to my blogging and my everyday life in general.

Kate Spade Agenda
I am old fashion in that I love to write things in my agenda, mostly because it helps me remember things better. I use this agenda for all things work, blog and social. It's pretty much the holy grail of all my organizers. I reference this agenda day-in and day-out, it has really helped step up my organization. And, it's pretty!

Evernote 
Evernote is a website that I more recently discovered and so far I am really impressed. This is a great organizational tool. Evernote allows you to collect and store information online, accessible from your phone or computer. I too often find my desktop files too cluttered and overflowing with random stuff, so this is a great tool to have. Once you have collected files (pictures,videos,etc.) you can file them using keywords for easy retrieval. 

Co-Schedule
For all things related to my blog, I use Co-Schedule. This is an amazing service that helps you plan and organize content. It is the perfect editorial calendar if you are serious about blogging. I started using this program using their 14-day trail. I loved it so much, that I had to continue my use. This online tool also helps you schedule social media content, which I find incredibly helpful.

Planner Pro App
This is a full-featured app to help you manage your daily life better. I downloaded this free app with my iPhone 6 through the App Store. I have tried out a few planner apps and this is by far my favourite. Not only does this planning app allow you to mark tasks, but also events and notes. Another great feature is that you can manipulate the schedules to your liking.

iCalendar
As an iPhone user I find the iCalendar to be very helpful in keeping my life organized. I can easily pull this calendar up on my phone, laptop or desk computer. I use this calendar mainly for my office work, but I do keep some personal info on it. What I like the most about this calendar is that I get alerts right to my phone.