Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Man With The Hello Kitty Earrings/The Story Behind The Kitty...




Every week at my school venders set up for the week to sell their products to students. Usually they really aren’t that interesting, selling things like posters, fudge, and student phone plans. And then today, I saw it out of the corner of my eye; a little man with a jewellery stand, three tables of sparkles and shine. I had to distract myself immediately; I knew that if I was to go over there, that literally, there was no stopping me.  I would be lucky to escape with one item from this jewellery stand, so I thought I would just ignore it all together and I was successful , but only on my way to class. The way back from class, was another story. I didn’t want to stop, I really didn’t; but the little man he looked me in the eyes. We made eye contact and he saw into my soul. Deep into my soul and I’m assuming telepathically he called me over. The little man whispered in my ear to go see him and look at all the beautiful wholesale jewellery. So slowly I walked over to look at the wide collection of jewellery and there was so much to look at. But I took my time and really evaluated if I really need anything I am looking at. About 15 minutes later of holding myself back, the man looked at me again and then to the corner of the table. Confused I followed his gaze, and saw a single pair of Hello Kitty earrings. Never have I ever been into Hello Kitty, but I slowly walked over and took a look at them. I was impressed to see how much they grew on me, that little man knew exactly what I wanted.  So seven dollars later I am now the owner of a set of Hello Kitty earrings.