Monday 26 September 2011

Goodbye Michael Scott. Hello, Robert Califronia.

So as all of you may have or should have heard, Steve Carell has signed off as Michael Scott on The Office; leaving the lingering question of who was going to replace him this season. Nearing the finale last season many celebrity candidates took a swing at potentially being the new district manager of Dunder Mifflin. Candidates ranging from Will Arenett, to Will Farrell, to Jim Carrey, Ray Romano and James Spader. I was especially thrilled to see Will Ferrell on The Office, but knew deep down he was not going to be the new Michael Scott. I was curiously surprised to find that I fell in love with James Spaders character Robert California; with his whimsical personality and sexy disposition. I always thought he looked familiar, remembering him from the show Boston Legal, but I could never put my finger on it. And that, is when a friend pointed out to me that he was Steff from Pretty In Pink!

Sexy In 1986.

I instantly fell in love with the prospect of him being the new boss of Dunder Mifflin. Not only do I have a deep, deep, abiding love for any 80's movie; but also I always loved the character Steff! This could not be more prefect, one of my favorite characters from my wide collection of 80's movies coming to one of my favorite TV shows, it was a dream come true!!! Excitedly I tuned in to see Robert California in all his glory and was disappointed to see that he was not going to be the new boss of Dunder Mifflin :( . But, will replace Kathy Bates as CEO of the company. He was so funny the first episode with his mysterious list and hatred for ball point pens that I truly hope he sticks around. I guess we will have to wait and see!!

Still Sexy In 2011


And I would love to point out that he still has that full head of beautifully feathered hair.. Damn you Spader, damn you!