Tuesday 17 January 2017

OILS, OILS, OILS...

I discovered some really great products in 2016, a lot of which I have shared here. But what I have neglected to share is my love and now reliance, on oil based products. At the end of last year when the weather started to get colder, my skin was really dry and my moisturizing lotions just weren't cutting it anymore. After some research and suggestions from friends I thought I would try out a few oil products. Safe to say, I am now hooked. I love the way these products make my skin look, not only are they moisturizing but they make my skin look refreshed and vibrant. Listed below are various oil products that have become a part of my everyday beauty routine. 

I am a huge fan of most Smashbox products and you definitely can't argue with their quality. Over the last year, I have become more adamant about using a primer. Initially, I was nervous about using the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil as I typically lean towards using silicone primers. But this product really creates the perfect canvas for makeup and gives you a beautiful radiance. The oil is fast adsorbing and helps to reduce the look of pores and fine lines. 


If you follow my blog, you know that I have been wanting to try this product for awhile. As it turns out, I received a sample of this Maracuja Oil from tarte in my December Ipsy. It has definitely lived up to the expectations that I had for this product. Not only is this oil fun to pronounce, it also helps to combat uneven skin tone and leaves your face feeling nourished. I like to use this oil after cleansing my face or sometimes I will mix it in with my foundation for a more radiant look. 


This Skin Therapy Face Oil from Palmer's has quickly skyrocketed to being one of my favourite products of all time. This face oil is an incredible blend of 10 pure precious oils, Retinol, Vitamin C and Cetesomate-E Complex. I use this product ever night before applying my favourite night cream. I have always struggled with having an uneven skin tone and this product has really enhanced the look and radiance of my skin. It absorbs quickly, is not super greasy and just leaves my skin feeling refreshed. 


This was the first beauty oil product that I tried out and what really started the craze. I had been wanting to try the Nuxe body oil, but was unwilling to make the commitment not knowing if I would like an oil product. I found the Jergens Shea Beauty Oil at my local drugstore for a really affordable price and decided to give it a try! I am so glad that I did, this blend of Shea and Argan oil is very hydrating and leaves my skin looking luminous.