Wednesday 28 September 2011

DIY PORE STRIPS . . . For The Poor College Girl . .

So, being a college student I have quickly come to the realization that I cannot afford certain luxuries that I could afford before. As sad as this had made me L WAH! I have recently discovered many different DIY projects, (Do It Yourself). Although I haven’t got around to trying them all, I have tried a few and have had some pretty positive results. I would almost say that I enjoy doing these DIY projects over spending my money on over priced products that in the end, don’t work and that contain chemicals and additives that aren’t good for your skin/hair. At least this way I know firsthand what is being used in these mixtures, and it’s FUN! I have always had troubles with blackheads on my nose and so I found this great recipe for DIY pore strips. I have found them to work relatively well; better then the Biore strips I have paid for in the past that don’t work for me. J
HOW TO : DIY PORE STRIPS
So what you will need for this DIY is:
A Plastic Container.
A Popcicle Stick. (To Apply)
Measuring Spoons.
Milk.
Unflavored Gelatin.
DIY PORE STRIP DIRECTIONS:
1. Measure 1 tbsp. of the unflavored gelatin into your disposable container.
2. Add 1-2 tbsp. of milk into the gelatin.
3. Mix it all together until you get a sort of chunky consistency. If you are not loving the chunks you can add more milk.
4. Now you will have to microwave your mixture for about 10-15 seconds. In the microwave the mixture will get more creamier. After you take it out, stir it quickly and then immediately apply it to your face. This shit hardens fast, so you really need to work quick!!
AND REMEMBER:
Wash your face before you apply the strips.
Apply the mixture to where ever you find necessary!
Let it dry for about 15 minutes, though you can leave on longer.
You will KNOW when it is time to peel off. You won't be able to move your face very well.
And finally, PEEL AWAY!

I hope you enjoyed. There will be more DIY coming soon! I love them so much. I may even do a tutorial. <3