Thursday 1 December 2016

TOP 3: PORE MINIMIZING

I have pretty large pores and my makeup just doesn't look the same without using a pore minimizing product. I have tried every cream, gel, exfoliate and strip to try and minimize the size of my pores but none have worked. So I have learned to rely on really good pore minimizing makeup products. I've tried a lot of these types of products and have finally narrowed it down to my personal favourites.


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Pore Minimizing)

I am a huge fan of the Smashbox brand, so no surprise that I fell in love with this pore minimizing primer. This primer drastically reduces the look of large pores throughout my entire workday. The consistency of this formula is quite thick, but it blends nicely for a silky finish. I do find that this primer can leave the applied areas looking quite dry and dehydrated. So it does require some maintenance at points throughout the day. Other than that, this is a relatively affordable product that really works!

Benefit The POREfessional 

The POREfessional pro balm was the first pore minimizing primer that I was introduced to. This purchase came at the recommendation of a lot of beauty bloggers and makeup aficionados. This particular product is definitely on the more expensive side, so I am usually feeling quite generous when I pick it up. The directions instruct you to apply this balm after you have applied your moisturizer. I don't particularly like doing this, as it makes my skin oily. I use this product as a primer before applying my makeup, I am obsessed with the velvety consistency of this balm.    

Maybelline Baby Skin

Finally, is the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser from Maybelline. Maybelline is definitely one of my favourite drug store brands, so I was not surprised to find that I love this product. This is definitely one of the more affordable pore minimizing products that I have tried. I love the gel texture of this formula, it is super easy to apply and leaves a satiny finish. I wouldn't say that this product completely hides large pores, but it does help diminish the appearance.