Friday 9 December 2016

WINTER SKINCARE SAVIOURS

As soon as that first bit of snow hits the ground, my skin instantly gets dry and my lips chapped... It is not a pretty sight. Which typically means that I have to up the ante on my winter skincare products. I begin to rely more on heavy moisturizers and revert to the basics; old fashions, trusted, unscented basics. Don't get me wrong I love those fancy and beautifully scented lotions, but they just don't cut it in the winter months.

For a lot of years, I didn't take too much interest in my skin. But as I have gotten older, I have noticed my skin being effected more and more by the elements. So I have definitely upped by skincare game within the last couple of years. To the point where I think I have finally mastered this routine during the winter months. And who are we kidding, I live in Canada... We are longer in winter than any other season. So I thought I would share my winter skincare saviours with you all today.


I've struggled to find a lip moisturizer that actually works for me, so I am really excited about this product. Bio-Beaute by NUXE is a complete range of beauty care formulas for the face, body and hair. The only place in Canada that I can find these products are at Shoppers Drug Mart. What is really great about this line is that all products are certified organic and they are really affordable. Trust me on this, their lip balm with nourishing apricot butter is out of this world! It is so moisturizing and leaves my lips looking plump and gorgeous.


I've been wanting to try the NUXE body oil for awhile now, but it is a bit out of my price range. One day I stumbled along the Jergens Shea Beauty Oil and decided to give it a try. I am hooked! I was nervous about trying a body oil because I don't like the feeling of oily skin. But this products drys quickly and beautifully. It is formulated with Shea Butter and Argan Oil, so it leaves my skin feeling ultra soft after use.


Not only does my skin get dry during the winter months, but it also gets dull. That is why I love this Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant. It is formulated with pure cocoa butter which helps heal dry skin with moisture to reveal its natural glow. This is a product that my Mom has been using for years and that has been passed along as the quick-fix for dry skin.


I was introduced to this product a few years ago in my Glossy Box subscription. Since then, I have purchased quite a few of these Curel hand creams. This particular cream is for dry, rough hands and cuticles. What is great about this product is that it soothes and softens your hands right on contact. It is also long lasting and helps relieve dryness even after washing your hands a couple of times.


This last product, is probably my favourite and a relatively new purchase. I have a very uneven skin tone and for years have be looking for the perfect product. After using this product a couple of times, there was a noticeable difference in my skin tone. The Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil is heaven on earth. First off, the Rosehip fragrance is so light and not overpowering at all, which I appreciate in a skincare. This product is formulated with 10 different oils which help moisturize and smooth fine lines. As well, it includes Retinol and Vitamin C which helps to improve skin tone and brighten.