Saturday 1 October 2011

Eyebrow S.O.S . . .

You Must Never Underestimate The Power Of The Eyebrow - Jack Black . . .

So as of lately it has become undeniable obvious that I am in need of some eyebrow TLC. So for the last month I have been killing myself looking for some sort of eyebrow kit preferably one with a serum for hold; because god blessed me with bushy eyebrows . . I don't know why, but the idea of waxing my eyebrows really freaks me out; I guess I am scared that because it is so fast and "easy" that if I do get them done I may hate them and not be able to do anything about it. But, if I pluck or someone else plucks I can monitor how much is being plucked and when to stop. If that at all made sense :). To go along with this blog I found a fabulous quote by Jack Black, the master of the eyebrows; that man has the most expressive eyebrows of all time and the quote spells out some truth. Yes, he may be referring to his amazingly expressive eyebrows; but I think this quote holds true in general, that with maintenanceof your eyebrows it can balance out your facial features, it frames your eyes, it can make you look more youthful and redefined. There is no negative. Anyways, I found this awesome kit by e.l.f (eyes lips and face); which is a makeup company based in the U.K, and I love this product. It is from their eyebrow collection and it is called Summer Ready. I found this at Winners among the unorganized and insane amount of beauty product that they carry and it was only $5.99 + tax. The package comes with, four reusable stencils, tweezers, an eyebrow application brush, brow setting mascara and eyebrow gel and powder. Below I have listed a picture of each product and a summary of whether I liked it or not, enjoy :) ! !

This is the packaging it came in with all the products.

This is the eyebrow gel and powder. The gel is the darker brown on the left and the powder is the beige on the right. I really like this gel and powder. They are both lighter then my eyebrows which is great for blending and making my eyebrows appear natural and not colored in and instead achieve great definition. What I love most is that the gel is a really light gel that isn't sticky and almost applies like a powder. Over all I like this product and would give it a 8/10.


The tweezers that this package comes with are smaller in size but aren't made of really light, cheap material, and instead the heavier stuff. Which is the only beneficial thing about them really. They do pluck well, but if you are settling in for a major eyebrow pluck these are not the one's to use as they are just too small. But like I said they are good to maybe pop in your purse and use for plucking those stragglers. This product, I would give a 4.5/10.




This my favorite out of them all and the whole reason why I bought the package. I have heard many good things about it by youtubers Beauty Crush and Ugly Face of Beauty. And I have found to really like it too! It holds very good without making your eyebrows feel stiff or hard. I would give this product a 9/10.


This the e.l.f professional concealer brush that it came with. And I use this to apply the gel and powder on my eyebrows. Really simple, I like this brush it is soft, narrow, and doesn't eat up the product. I would give this a 8/10.




Finally, the stencils. I hate them. They don't work and are hard to use. Good idea but just not as easy as you would think. I would give these a 0/10 for the fact that they are useless.



All in all I enjoy most of these products and really like the results I have gotten so far. Enjoy, I hope this was helpful!!