Tuesday 22 November 2011

Bun. . . Anyone?

I have always loved the look of a bun. But lately my bunning, has been flat and floppy. I recently cut my hair shorter and found that my buns were not as full as I wanted them to be and they often fell to the side. Stumbling on StumbleUpon one night I came across something magical! The sock bun! Many of you may have heard about this already but for those who haven't... The sock bun is a big beautiful bun that uses a rolled up sock as a foundation! It is so easy and the results are awesome! If you are a fan of the Kourtney Kardashian bun this is a fast and easy way to create it without fussing over your hair!


MATERIALS: All you need is a sock (the longer and thicker; the better!), an elastic, and scissors!

DIRECTIONS:
 Secure hair on top or back of the head, using a ponytail.
Pull hair through the doughnut/rolled sock.
Roll the hair through the doughnut/rolled sock. OR using pins arrange hair around the foundation until it is completely covered and you are satisfied!

Below I have added my own video on how I like to do my sock bun. It is harder to do with layered hair/shorter hair like mine so keep that in mind. I tend to like the messy look as you can tell. But if you want a more clean slicked back look, straightening your hair is helpful. Hope you like!




If you want more of an explanation of the sock bun check out the link below. The video also demonstrates how sock buns can create beautiful, no heat curls! !


Have fun!!