Wednesday 4 February 2015

Hair SOS: Rescue Products...



As I mentioned in my New Year, New Resolutions post, I am on a mission for healthy hair. I have done so many awful things to my hair over the years and it has most definitely caught up with me. I was in major need of a hair SOS. I am desperate to grow out my locks for summer, so I have been shying away from cutting my hair. No matter how many times people recommend this, I will not do it. But I have been offered some other awesome advice on my mission for healthier hair. The most popular advice given is protein and lots of it. Any shampoo, conditioner, or treatment with loads of keratin is what I was recommended. So, I wanted to share with all of you some of the products I have found along the way. I hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment if you have any advice for me. I'd love to hear it! 


This is an amazing hair strengthening product. This shampoo and conditioning duo is designed specifically for damaged, weakened hair and split ends. I have been using this product for a week now and my hair is so silky soft. I am very impressed with this product, it may be the best I have ever used. I will say that this product is a bit expensive for the size of the bottle. But in my opinion, totally worth it. 


I have to admit, I have never been one to use a heat protector on my hair. Which is horrible considering in the past I would constantly use heat on my hair. Someone recently recommended this product to me and I was a little resistant at first. My reasoning; I hate leave-in treatments. In the past I have found different treatments to leave my hair feeling dirty or sticky. Desperate for healthier hair I decided to give it a try and I am glad I did. I love this product! It absolutely does not leave my hair feeling gross or sticky but rather the opposite. It adds a nice shine, smoothness and yes, softness to my hair. The best part, it is really affordable!  


I picked up this mismatched pairing at a local Sally Beauty Supply store. It was recommended to me by someone who was working there. They suggested I use this mismatched combination to work on the two major issues with my hair. The shampoo is moisturizing to help replenish my dry, broken hair. And the conditioner is smoothing and infused with keratin for protein. I did see improvement in my hair using these products but they did not leave my hair feeling as soft as I would like. 


This is another leave in treatment that I was recommended. After showering I will leave this treatment in for a couple hours or even all night. I use this treatment once a week and absolutely love my hair after. My hair is so shiny and silky smooth. This product does wonders for my hair and would highly recommend it. 

-Vicki