Wednesday 14 December 2011

All This Devotion Is Rushing Over Me . . .

 Season Greetings to all! I have come to the realisation that I have neglected my blog. Although this is saddening, you all can take a quick sigh of relief. To all my followers, I am back. With exams outta the way and Christmas approaching I am gearing up for Christmas holidays and I am really, very excited. I love Christmas more then anything and the time I get to spend with friends and family is heart warming. Cannot wait.

You all know how I love my DIY and I found some new and really great Do It Yourself beauty products. So I thought I would re-introduce myself on that note!

Enjoy!

Homemade Lip Balm.
I love them all, the sticks, the balm, I really do love it all. . . 

Honey-Cocoa Butter Lip Balm.
Makes 100 applications
2 tbls. olive oil
1/2 tsp. honey
3/4 tsp. beeswax — grated
1/2 tsp. pure cocoa butter
Flavored oil of your choice (like peppermint or vanilla)
1 vitamin E capsule
In a small saucepan, heat oil, honey, wax and butter over a low heat until just melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flavoring and contents of vitamin E capsule.
- Pour into containers of your choice.

Sea Salt Body Scrub.
Buying bosy scrub is so expensive, but buying sea salt. . .

1 cup course sea salt
1/2 cup baby oil
Stir the ingredients together in a bowl and put into a screw top jar.
- Leave for 24 hours.
-  Stir the mixture and apply to any areas of the body you wish to exfoliate.
- Massage into the skin for a few minutes then shower off.
- Pat your skin dry.

Vegetable Oil Nail Strengthener.
Can you really complain. . .


Makes 20-30 applications

2 tsp castor oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp wheat germ oil

 - Pour all ingredients into a sealable bottle.
 - Before each use shake well.
 - Rub a small amount of the mixture onto your nails.
 - Leave on for 3-5 minutes.
 - Wipe off with a cotton pad.

Brown Sugar Hand Softener.
With the winter weather our hands tend to feel foreign. .  .

Makes 1 treatment

1/4 cup course brown sugar
Baby oil to make into a paste

 - Mix together.
 - Using a hand washing motion apply the mixture to the hands.
 - Continue the washing motion for a minute then rinse off with warm water and pat dry.

Hope you enjoyed and stay tuned because I will be updating more often!

Up Next... Holiday Inspirations.