Saturday 2 February 2013

JANUARY FAVORITES !

Hey Everyone,

As you know it is a new year and along with the list of resolutions that I have made for this upcoming year, updating my blog more frequently was at the top. For anyone like myself who generally has a lot to say about anything blogging is a great outlet and I am going to start taking advantage of that.

I am constantly searching online for new ideas and tips of how to keep my blog fresh and relevant. Through my endless searching I found that a lot of blogs no matter what the theme, tend to do monthly favorites. I am always picking up little things here and there over the course of the month, some that I love and some that I hate. And so, I want to share these finds with all of you. As much as I hate to remind myself I am a poor college student... Therefore,  I am not always able to shop for the things that I want but I often find great alternatives. Perhaps some will interest you...

RIMMEL LIPSTICK


 
These are my four favorite colours of lipstick that Rimmel has out at the moment.
In order from left to right :
Lasting Finish Lipstick in CANDY (002), Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick (08), Moisture Renew Lipstick CORAL QUEEN (620), & Lasting Finish Lipstick BORDEAUX (124).
 
I truly love Rimmel lipsticks they have an amazing colour selection and have relatively good stay. I find that the Lasting Finish line is very pigmented and stays true to its colour. This being said, it is a little heavy and I would recommend applying lip balm prior to use or glossing after applied. I really enjoy the Lasting Finish by Kate it has more moisture then the original so it doesn't dry out your lips as much and can be applied with greater ease. Finally, I adore the Moisture Renew line as I find it hydrates my lips and leaves a glossy look without that typical gloss "sticky" feeling. I would highly recommend the colour Coral Queen to anyone who is looking to experiment, I have a relatively lighter skin tone and I love the way it looks on my lips. So fun for summer.  
 
KISS EYELASHES
 
 
I love false eyelashes and wear them almost everyday. I have experimented with a lot of different brands and styles, nothing impressing me more then KISS. They are very affordable, easy to apply and have a natural look. One of my favorite finds EVER.
 
CUREL HAND & CUTICLE THERAPY
 
I was lucky enough to be sent this particular product in a monthly Glossy Box. With the winter weather in full effect my hands have a tendency to get very dry. I have found no other cream that works faster then CUREL and the results are truly amazing. After just a week of use my hands are softer and brighter.
 
LES MISERABLES
BY
VICTOR HUGO
 
 
This next favorite is quite the commitment and I would not recommend it for anyone currently in school. I was completely absorbed by this book over the Christmas holidays but being back at school I haven't been able to recommit to it. For anyone who has a great appreciation for literature and culture I would recommend this book. I haven't finished it completely.. But, I am getting there.
 
OH, MARILYN
 
 
For those who know me personally you  know of my obsession with old Hollywood; James Dean in particular. But I could not pass up on the chance to purchase this amazing picture of Marilyn, there is a simplicity to it that I really adore.
 
Source : Winners
 
SCARVES
 
 
The dangers of three for ten scarves my friends and these are only a few of my favorites. With the cold weather I want nothing more then to be cozy and warm all the time. Not only do scarves aid in this but they are also a great accessory. Scarves are something I have definitely taken advantage of in the month of January.
 
Source : Ardene
 
COCO DUFFEL DUPE
 
 
 
 
I have long been looking for a dupe of Alexander Wang's Coco Duffel Bag. Of course as a student I am not able to afford designer bags as much as I would like to think I could. So I am often searching for dupes of things such as this that I want. This is more of a purse opposed to a duffel but what I love best about both are the studs on the bottom. So cute!
 
Source : Ardene
 
NEW YEAR
 
 
Lastly, I wanted to share my New Years dress. It is flowy, sparkly, and fun. Everything that a New Years dress should be!
 
Source : Urban Planet
 
I hope you enjoyed my January favorites!
If you get the chance, check them out for yourself.
 
- Vicki xox