Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lets Make Him Famous !

Hey everyone!

As you all know I use this blog as an outlet to communicate with you all on what I like, and my personal experiences. Today, I have decided to use this blog not for my own selfish reasons, but to encourage you all to be selfless. Please, I urge you all to take 27 minutes out of your busy days to watch the video I am going to post below. In high school I, along with 5 other girls spent endless hours creating and maintaining a Human Rights group. A group to encourage our fellow classmates to make the changes they want to see in the world. We ran many successful campaigns but our favourite and most successful was when we organized a fundraiser for the children effected by the genocide in Darfur. Being a young adult I find that these causes tend to effect me the most. I see children the same age or younger then me being forced into things that in North America seem unimaginable. Things like being given a gun at the age of ten to kill our own parents, being forced into sex slavery and participating in endless killing because we simply don't have a choice. If these disgraceful things were to take place in North America what would be done? Nothing; because the reality of it all is that it wouldn't happen.  No one person can control when and where they are born; we have no control over what conditions we are born into and for many of you reading this post right now, you are lucky. This campaign isn't asking you for your money, it isn't asking you to rally or fight, and it isn't asking you to try to solve the worlds issues. Its asking one simple thing of us all; make Kony famous! Joseph Kony is the leader of LRA, a group that has been abducting children and forcing them into his army for 20 years. All you have to do is watch this video and learn because the sad truth of the matter is... We don't know who Kony is! Watch the video and share it with as many people as you know or even as little as a single individual. Pass this message along just as I am right now! Let's make Kony famous! Learn more below!



Join the pledge:

Make a donation:

Get the kit: