Sunday 9 December 2012

My Body Is My Journal & My Tattoos Are My Story...

It's true. You know that moment before you go and get that first tattoo and everyone; your parents, friends and even strangers tell you that once you have one, you'll want more. After I got my first tattoo I had everyone telling me that I would in fact not be able to stop at just one. For the longest time I wanted to prove all those people wrong. I wanted to be satisfied with one tattoo; just some small bit of writing on my foot. That was until a couple of weeks ago when I got the sudden urge to do something spontaneous. No, never should anyone get a tattoo purely out of spontaneity. But I had really been thinking a lot lately of what kind of tattoo I would get if I was indeed going to get another one. I guess the tattoo itself was not the spontaneous part, but rather the act of actually getting it done.

I had decided that if I did get another tattoo it would be the letter "L" on my wrist. I never thought I would actually follow through with it.. Until I had that moment of weakness, that urge that everyone warns you about, to go and brand myself once again. I hate when people refer getting a tattoo to branding... Makes me think of poor little animals and... Well, you get the picture.

I have always been proud of who I am, where I come from and that is what the letter "L"means to me. It represents the pride I have in who I am and who my family is. I have always been very close with my family and I hope that never changes... When everything seems to go to hell and those people are standing by your side without flinching, their your family.